Late 90s Trends That Are Back
It is a well-known fact that the fashion trends repeat themselves and this year is the late 90s trends time to come back to life. Let’s not forget that Axel Rose is back on stage.I’m happy this year is the 90s, I love almost all of its trends.
What I love:
– Beside my eternal love for leather jackets, the plaid skirt is another memorable thing from the 90s:
– My first choker was made by my mother and I can easily call it a statement choker since she used a burgundy rich lace accessorized with tiny silver stars and vintage tear drop like pearls.
– With a more elaborated lines the girly-grunge skater dresses are also in trend and oh how much I love a dark floral dress!
– Flannel is back, yay for the flannel shirt!
– Do you remember the episode from Seinfeld when George buys a velvet couch and he falls in love with velvet? “Velvet, a sea of velvet” is how I was feeling in my all velvet outfit – Button down dark sapphire blazer over my velvet tank top paired with straight leg velvet pants.
– From the late 90’s is denim on denim – but use two different shades of denim 🙂
– Bubble hem skirt is back – short or midi, doesn’t matter, this lovely trend is back:
What I don’t like:
- The berry lips – I always preferred the vampire red.
- Nameplate necklaces – we are not kitties or puppies!
What I hate:
- The scrunchies and I will not embrace this one ever 🙂
- Although I have worn it back then I never really fell in love with the slip dress.
And for today, from the late 90s trends I choose to make an outfit around the flannel shirt: