How to wear metallic pleated skirt
Have you noticed how the metallic pleated skirt has been shyly tiptoeing out for the past few seasons? I love this trend and every year I was adding another pleated skirt to my collection. Now I have few pleated skirts, OK not few, I have several but in my defense all are in a different model. I have pleated skirts in different colors or different lengths or different fabrics. I think that 2014 was my “pleated skirt year” I even wrote three articles about this amazing never-ending trend: Dots, Short and Vintage
The “metallics” are back! Imagine how happy I was last year when I saw the mixed metallic are in for the next year. I love wearing metallic colors in any form or shape and to be sincere in any quantity (and this is not necessarily a good thing). Jeff says I am a magpie bird but I’m proud of it! I’ve started arranging all my metallic and shiny pieces, first the shoes, closely follow by bags, also the scarfs and so on. In the end I realized I don’t have any metallic skirt.
Early this year, I was in Romania for my birthday. My best friend Simona aligned me with the new trend. As part of her gift to me is this amazing midi pleated metallic skirt. This skirt quickly became one of my favorite skirts of my wardrobe. I love wearing it and it’s surprisingly versatile.
How to wear metallic pleated skirt:
- The statement piece – just let the metallic do the talking, by keeping your shoes and top simple, subtle and minimalist
- Accentuate the shyness- by wear all the rest in the same color – black blouse and black shoes or a blue top and nude shoes and so on, just let the skirt shine and be awesome.
- Casual and playful – A blazer with rolled up sleeves or a biker jacket is the perfect mix
- Pin-up girl – choose a white fitter top, some pumps and red lips. Don’t forget the dotted scarf around the neck or as a head band.
- Dress it down – you can wear it all day long, choose a pair of flats and a denim jacket or go more funky trading the flats for a pair of pink converse.
I’ve worn my metallic pleated skirt in almost all of the above (except flats). Remember, I like metallic colors and anything that shines therefore I incorporated two powerful metallic pieces: my skirt and my necklace. Due to this combination of two statement things anything else would have been too much rather than tasteful. As a result I had to pair them with a simple top and heels both in the same color range. Below is my bold “make a statement” option.
So how do you like my metallic pleated skirt?